For all students who elect to attend school in-person during the winter months when we are in session, if possible, intake COVID-19 testing protocol begins today. (The winter session runs through March 6).
Watch the January 14 Parent Webinar: Head of School John Packard and Brooks School administrators discuss winter session and moving into a boarding/virtual mode following COVID-19 testing this month.
In the latest of his series of letters to parents and guardians on January 13, John Packard details the school's plans as we move from all-virtual classes into a boarding/virtual mode this winter session:
Winter Session Afternoon Activities Update
Please be advised that all visitors to Brooks School are required to submit a COVID self-attestation at our security checkpoint, located at the Service Entrance, prior to proceeding onto campus.
On the day of the visit:
1) Click into Brooks Visitor Daily Covid-19 Screening Site.
2) Answer the four questions.
3) Show the QR badge to the security guard.
Please do not execute the self-attestation on the day before your visit. Badges change daily. (We will also accept hard copies of the self-attestation at the security checkpoint). Thank you for your cooperation.
See details about our Coronavirus response during the spring.
Where Can I Find ...?
- Major Dates 2020-2021: (Updated as of January 14).
- Student Debit FAQ: The guide to student spending accounts on campus with MyKidsSpending.com
- Follet Online Bookstore: Visit to purchase textbooks for courses.
- Required Device Policy: Details about students' technology needs
- Vacation Transportation: Information about chaperoned rides to, and from, Boston's Logan Airport, Manchester–Boston Regional Airport and Connecticut/New York City for breaks.
- Local Transportation Services: A list of campus-area companies that students have used.
- School Contacts: A guide to help you determine who to contact.
- Gifts From Home program: Send your child a special care package through the school. Download the order form here.
INFO ABOUT LIFE AT BROOKS
- Student Handbook: Information on the school's expectations for students.
- Dress Code: Brooks will have a relaxed, casual dress code for the fall semester of 2020
- Packing Guide: In order to maintain as much open space as possible in student dormitory rooms this fall, we will be limiting the amount of personal belongings each student will be allowed to bring to campus.
- Dorm Decorations Rules: Click to view the school's dormitory fire and decorations regulations for 2020-2021.
- Dining Hall Menu: From dining services provider Meriwether Godsey
- School Store: Fall Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call (978) 725-6236 to order or with any questions. Store manager Dawn Morrison is also available at (978) 725-6241.
- BSN sports's Sideline Store for Brooks offers Brooks apparel online.
- Smugmug Photos: View, share and order prints or keepsakes of images from campus events, activities and sports.
TIPS FOR VISITING
- Where to Stay: Contact information for various local hotels.
- Where to Eat: A not-comprehensive list of area eateries.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
- Parents Committee: Learn about ways to participate in our community.
Brooks School's College Counseling Office is offering its class of 2022 and their families a "College and University Panel" webinar, featuring guest speakers from Boston University, Denison University, Middlebury College and Providence College.
Brooks School's College Counseling Office is offering its class of 2022 and their families a "Spring Curriculum" webinar, providing an overview of the program.
Today begins the first day of a staggered departure for all winter session in-person students for Spring Break. Departures will continue through March 6, when Spring Break begins.
Last day of classes for winter session!
Students enjoy a well-deserved break starting today, and running through March 24, before second semester kicks off on March 25.
Today wraps up the last day of students' two-and-a-half-week Spring Break. We hope you had a great vacation!
Classes resume today as Brooks School's second semester kicks off. Details to follow!
Happy Graduation, class of 2021! Brooks School's annual Lawn Ceremony is tentatively scheduled for today. Updates to follow!
Happy Graduation, class of 2021! Brooks School's annual Prize Day is tentatively scheduled for today. Updates to follow!
Second semester wraps up today, a standardized testing date for students electing to test on campus. Best wishes to all for a wonderful summer!