On this Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, students will explore the challenges of being our authentic selves - with guest speaker social justice education scholar Jamila Lyiscott - and in student- and faculty-run workshops on related topics.
Winter Term Symposium!
Parents of current students: Join us Friday, Jan. 24 at 7 p.m. to see what everyone has been working on! Sneak a peek with the photo gallery at brooksschoolphotos.com.
Where Can I Find ...?
- Major Dates 2019-2020: Download the calendar for the year.
- Major Dates 2020-2021: Download the calendar for next year!
- Student Debit FAQ: The guide to student spending accounts on campus with MyKidsSpending.com
- Follet Online Bookstore: Visit to purchase textbooks for courses.
- Vacation Transportation: Information about chaperoned rides to and from Boston's Logan Airport, Manchester–Boston Regional Airport and Connecticut/New York City for breaks.
- Local Transportation Services: A list of campus-area companies that students have used.
- School Contacts: A guide to help you determine who to contact.
INFO ABOUT LIFE AT BROOKS
- Student Handbook: Information on the school's expectations for students.
- Gifts From Home program: Send your child a special care package through the school. Download the order form here.
- Dining Hall Menu: From dining services provider Meriwether Godsey
- Smugmug Photos: View, share and order prints or keepsakes of images from campus events, activities and sports.
TIPS FOR VISITING
- Where to Stay: Contact information for various local hotels.
- Where to Eat: A not-comprehensive list of area eateries.
How Can I Get Involved?
Students enjoy a weekend off, through January 27 (boarders return by 8 p.m.), before second semester begins.
The second half of the 2019-2020 academic year gets underway today!
Students enjoy a buffet of holiday goodies, courtesy of Brooks' Parents Committee!
The annual 100 Days until graduation event is held to inform sixth-formers about what their connection to Brooks will be like as alumni. The Alumni Office also takes this opportunity to talk with students about what it means to donate to Brooks, and works toward 100-percent participation in the class of 2020 gift.
Alumni, parents and friends of Brooks School are invited to join host Isabella Speakman Timon '92 and Head of School John Packard P'18, P'21 for drinks and hors d'oeuvres at the Gulf Stream Bath & Tennis Club. Get details, see who's coming and RSVP HERE. All are welcome: We look forward to seeing you!
The spring season of sports and all afternoon activities begins today on campus. See the schedules for our athletics teams. Go Brooks!
Students and faculty depart for nearly three weeks, through March 25, to relax before finishing off the school year.
The Parents Committee treats Brooks faculty and staff to a luncheon on campus to say thank you for all that they do!
Spring Break ends as boarding students and faculty return to campus in preparation of resuming classes tomorrow.
Accepted students are welcome to campus for the first of our two April revisit days.