Parents, guardians and special friends of Brooks School students, you're invited to campus for family weekend on October 7 and October 8. Our goal for this event is to provide our community with a chance for students, families and faculty to come together and learn more about your student's experience at Brooks. See below to register and review highlights of the schedule. We look forward to seeing you!
Add Family Weekend 2022 to your calendar:
Friday, October 7
- Registration opens at 11:30 a.m. in the 2nd floor of the Center for the Arts. (Parents and guardians are invited to attend classes with your student on Friday prior to registration.)
- Form welcome receptions with Head of School John Packard: Third-, fourth- and fifth-form receptions are on Friday afternoon. The sixth-form welcome reception is on Thursday, October 6.
- College counseling forum and speaker: Join the college counseling team for an overview of the program at Brooks. Members of the office will discuss the current landscape in college admissions and will introduce timelines for students and families. Vice President of Enrollment at Rhodes College Gil Villanueva will provide insight on the college process. This session is particularly relevant for families of fifth-form students.
- Athletics on campus: Guests will have the opportunity to watch, and cheer on, student-athletes during afternoon and evening games.
- Arts in progress: Join us in the Center for the Arts theater for a concert featuring five student groups.
Saturday, October 8
- Mini classes: Sit in on 15-minute mini classes with your student.
- "State of the School": Head of School John Packard will share an update on Brooks School and our initiatives for the future.
- Overview of special opportunities: Learn about Exchange, School Year Abroad (SYA) and Students on the Forefront of Science (SFS).
- Learning Center open hours: Stop by the Learning Center and meet our team of teachers.
- Athletics on campus: Come cheer on our afternoon athletic events and visit the hospitality tent.
Questions? Please contact Director of the Brooks Fund and Family Engagement Mary Merrill.
Opportunities to meet with your child's advisor will be scheduled directly with that advisor.