We were thrilled to host an in-person family weekend October 22 and October 23. Our goal for this event was to balance the safety of our community with a chance for our students, families and faculty to come together and learn more about Brooks and your student's experience. Please see below for the schedule.
Add Family Weekend 2021 To Your Calendar:
Campus Map with Tents and Parking Labeled
Friday, October 22
- College Counseling Speaker: "Demystifying the College Search and Application Experience." Andrew N. Carter, Interim Deputy Director of Admission at the College of the Holy Cross, will share his insights about the college search process, including current trends in admissions, and will offer advice on how to make the experience a positive one. This session is particularly relevant for families of fifth-form students.
- College Counseling Meeting: Join the college counseling team for an overview of the program at Brooks. Members of the office will discuss the current landscape in college admissions and will introduce timelines for students and families. This session is particularly relevant for families of fifth-form students.
- Athletics on Campus: Guests will have the opportunity to watch, and cheer on, student-athletes during afternoon and evening games.
- Evening Get-Together: Come one, come all, to our All-Family Reception and Center for the Arts "Works in Progress."
Saturday, October 23
- Academic Open House and school presentations
- Belonging at Brooks: Diversity, equity and inclusion leadership and affinity group leaders discussion
- State of the School from Head of School John Packard
- Learning Center open hours
- Afternoon athletic events and hospitality tents
Opportunities to meet with your child's advisor will be scheduled directly with that advisor.
John Packard delivered his annual State of the School address in the Center for the Arts on October 23.
FAMILY WEEKEND FEATURE: Brooks' college counseling staff presented their program in the Chapel on October 22.
Click to watch/share the talk.
FAMILY WEEKEND FEATURE: "Demystifying the College Application Experience."
In Chapel on October 22, Andrew N. Carter, interim deputy director of admission at College of the Holy Cross, shared his insights about the college search process, including current trends in admissions, and offered advice on how to make the experience a positive one. Click to watch/share the presentation.