Occasionally a student may be interested in pursuing his/her passion at a higher level outside of Brooks. Flexibility may be afforded to that student using the following guidelines:
- The student is involved in an established program outside of Brooks School.
- The student participates in that program and one at Brooks, giving more days to the Brooks program than to the outside one.
- Students may not be members of a Brooks interscholastic team while using the flex option.
- The student will only be granted this flexibility in one season per year and must participate in either interscholastic sports, drama or dance the other two seasons.
- The student must remain in good academic and disciplinary (including attendance) standing.
Flex Option proposals must be submitted before the school year and will be reviewed by a committee for approval.