Students, alumni, employees and friends of Brooks separated during the coronavirus crisis came together, virtually.
Four decades have passed since the first female students arrived at Brooks. These are some of their reflections on that exciting time.
Jim Sperber '87 inspires students as an artist in residence and teaches them the techniques shown in his new "Directions" exhibit in the Robert Lehman Art Gallery.
Outstanding alumni athletes and a longtime coach were inducted into Brooks' Athletics Hall of Fame with a touching celebration during the school's annual Homecoming.
Sathvik Sudireddy '15 offered words of comfort and inspiration at Brooks' annual Sixth-Form Induction Dinner
More than 200 people came together to celebrate the new Center for the Arts, and success of our $60 million Campaign for Brooks, with an art, music and fun-filled soiree.
Alumni in the News
- Eagle-Tribune, July 31: Joe St. Cyr '14, Pat Freiermuth '18, "Sports in a Minute: Honors for Freiermuth, Perry, Hughes."
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle, July 30: Andrew Kimball '83, "Industry City regroups: Will demands of local politico halt new job creation?"
- NFL.com, July 30: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Scouting Pat Freiermuth: Penn State TE similar to Hunter Henry."
- Courthouse News Service, July 28: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Minneapolis Activists Hurt in George Floyd Protests Sue Police."
- The Hill, July 24: Steve Forbes '66, P'91,"President Trump must avoid the 1990 Republican political curse."
- National Review, July 20: Steve Forbes '66, P'91, "Business Leaders Urge Inclusion of Healthcare Price Transparency in the Next COVID-19 Stimulus."
- The Falmouth Enterprise, July 20: Peter de Menocal '78, "WHOI Names New President."
- Footwear News, July 17: Shawn Gorman '84, "LL Bean’s Famous Duck Boots Will Be Sold in Nordstrom for the First Time."
- MSNBC, July 17: Trevor Potter '74, "Members of Team Trump act as if ethics rules don't apply to them."
- ABC27, July 15: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Parsons, Freiermuth named preseason All-Americans."
- Wall Street Journal, Jully 15: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Minneapolis Residents Weigh In on Plan to Abolish Police Department."
- Albany Herald, July 14: Frank Blake '67, "Trio of Trustees to chair 2021 Georgia History Festival."
- Inside Climate News, July 13: Robert Bonnie '85,"The Wood Pellet Business is Booming. Scientists Say That’s Not Good for the Climate."
- Wall Street Journal, July 11: John Kavulich '79, "Judge Dismisses Helms-Burton Lawsuit Against Carnival."
- Newsmax, July 9: Steve Forbes '66, P'91, "Steve Forbes to Newsmax TV: Biden Would Cause Economic Stagnation."
- Live Science, July 9: Sam Meacham '85, "Ice age mining camp found 'frozen in time' in underwater Mexican cave."
- Forbes Africa, July 9: Steve Forbes '66, P'91, "Should Covid-19 Delay Reopening Schools?
- The Times, July 8: Charles Jencks '57, "Maggie’s marks a quarter century of care."
- The Roanoke Times, July 6: Trevor Potter '74, "Potter: Virginia leading the way on democracy reform in critical election year."
- National Geographic, July 4: Sam Meacham '85, "11000-year-old mine in underwater cave surprises archaeologists."
- The New York Times, July 3: "They Have Lost Control’: Why Minneapolis Burned."
- The Eagle-Tribune, July 3: Numerous female athletes, "Remember When? Brooks School Girl Greats."
- Wall Street Journal, July 2: John Rhodehamel '66, "‘George Washington, Entrepreneur’ Review: Mount Vernon Industries."
- The Eagle-Tribune, July 2: Numerous male athletes, "Remember When? Brooks School Boys Greats."
- Forbes Africa, July 2: Steve Forbes '66, P'91, "New Stimulus Bill? What You Need To Know."
- Minneapolis Star Tribune, July 2: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Some Minneapolis Black leaders speak out against City Council's moves to defund police."
- Westworld, June 30: Amy Harmon '91, "Clark Richert's "Quadrivium" lit up at night."
- Eagle-Tribune, June 28: Charlie Davies '04, "21st Century boys soccer: Brooks' star Davies a notch ahead of talented stars."
- Global News, June 27: Taylor MacGillivary '09, "Sickboy Podcast to host first-ever virtual live show."
- Fox News, June 27: Trevor Potter '74, "Trevor Potter: Trump and Barr make baseless and harmful claims about mail-in ballot fraud."
- Davidson News, June 26: Bill Ferris '60, "Personal Preservation: Keeper of Culture Bill Ferris’s Storied Career Reveals Depths of Deep South."
- Fox Business, June 26: Steve Forbes '66, P'91, "Senate will be a crucial battleground come November: Steve Forbes."
- WFMJ, June 26: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Plan advances to allow dismantling Minneapolis Police Dept."
- MPR News, June 23: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Minneapolis police union open to community demands, but Kroll staying put."
- Eagle-Tribune, June 21: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Football All-Decade Defense: Big hits and big plays."
- New York Times, June 20: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Protesters Demanded Police Reform. Minnesota Lawmakers Left Without Passing a Bill."
- Christian Science Monitor, June 19: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "‘It’s way past time to try something new’: The push to defund police."
- Boston.com, June 18: Charlie Davies '04, "Revolution players and staff held a roundtable discussion about racial injustice. Here’s what they had to say."
- mlssoccer.com, June 16: Charlie Davies '04, "Charlie Davies hosts C.H.A.N.G.E panel with current, former New England Revolution players and staff."
- PBS NewsHour, June 15: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "America in Black and Blue 2020."
- Crain's New York Business, June 16: Andrew Kimball '83, "New offices outside Manhattan depend on millennial lifestyle after Covid-19."
- Sports Illustrated, June 15: Pat Freiermuth '18, "'It's definitely going to be weird.'"
- Miami Herald, June 12: John Kavulich '79, "Amid confusion, Western Union says Cuban Americans can still send money to Cuba."
- HuffPost, June 12: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "Keith Ellison, Once An Activist, Meets His Moment As Minnesota’s Top Prosecutor."
- FOX 5 Atlanta, June 12: Les Bernal '87, "The GA Lottery just had its best April sales ever, the same month stimulus checks arrived."
- mlssoccer.com, June 11: Charlie Davies '04, "Charlie Davies: As a Black kid playing soccer, Cobi Jones was a crucial role model."
- KARE11, June 11: Nekima Levy Armstrong '94, P'15, P'17, "African American leaders demand voice in police reform, express support for Arradondo."
- Andover Townsman, June 11: John Fritz '20, "Scholar-Athlete: Brooks' John Fritz."
A Brooksian reflects on his yearlong trip around the world, and on the familiar lessons of community, friendship and care he found in unfamiliar places. Hayden Lynch '12
An alumna is hard at work building an intentional community in Denver, Colorado. Kiki Grainger '07
His pro bono involvement in a civil rights suit, on behalf of a wrongfully convicted man, has been the highlight of this litigator's career to date. Kevin Adam '01