Sathvik Sudireddy '15 offered words of comfort and inspiration at Brooks' annual Sixth-Form Induction Dinner
More than 200 people came together to celebrate the new Center for the Arts, and success of our $60 million Campaign for Brooks, with an art, music and fun-filled soiree.
Students, alumni, family and friends came together to volunteer in five different communities on the same day.
A dozen Brooks graduates helped make this year's intensives a success by sharing their expertise, fielding questions and inspiring students in classes on campus and off.
Alumni returned to campus for Homecoming — and to celebrate our new Athletics Hall of Fame inductees with a touching ceremony.
Before they're inducted on September 29, the honorees share with us what Brooks meant to them and their (wise) advice for current students!
Alumni in the News
- Brooklyn Daily Eagle, September 11: Andrew Kimball '83, "The reinvention of Industry City: Nearly 400 years of history."
- WICZ, September 11: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Nittany Lions' Friermuth receives John Mackey Award Honors."
- BET, September 11: Lizette Williams '97, "Exclusive: McDonald's Announces 'Beat Of My City' Initiative With Teyana Taylor And Juice WRLD."
- WNEP, September 8: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Penn State Uses Strong Second Half to Beat Buffalo 45-13."
- NBC Sports, September 3: Charlie Davies '04, "Pro Pets: Charlie Davies and his dog Nala."
- Belfast Telegraph, August 31: Bobby Farnham '08, "Belfast Giants drop overtime thriller to Augsburg after late drama."
- Rafu Shimpo, August 30: Lizette Williams '97, "McDonald’s collaborates with Atomic Mari to create space-inspired capsule merchandise collection."
- Centre Daily Times, August 30: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Why Penn State TE Pat Freiermuth's coaches, teammates believe he's poised for a 'terrific year.'"
- Palm Beach, Florida Weekly, August 29: Dwight Cleveland '77, "Next on your watchlist?"
- Reading Eagle, August 28: Pat Freiermuth '18, "Pat Friermuth blessed, honored to be Penn State football captain."
- Patch.com, August 28: Andrew Kimball '83, "Industry City Rezone In Their Own Words: A Sit-Down With The CEO."
For many more articles, visit our Alumni in the News archives.
A renowned Brooksian nabs wins for his work documenting the American South.Bill Ferris '60
Stefan Edick '80 grew up with a love of sailing, which he's turned into a career. He captains tall ships, and is currently the executive director of the Gloucester Adventure, a maritime historical preservation and educational organization, and captain of the historic fishing schooner. Stefan Edick '80
The nurse is dedicated to improving healthcare. Bethany Golden '90
If you have a submission to share, let us know!
- Gerard Thompson, Jr. '63 writes about Brexit, here.
- Taylor MacGillivary '09 is recording a live show of his podcast Sickboy.
- Alex Clapp ’09 reports “Confessions of an Islamic State fighter” for The Economist 1843.
- Steve Forbes '66 hosts a podcast, Steve Forbes: What's Ahead.
- Rachael Burke ’10 performed on NBC's Bring on the Funny.
- Dan Lyons '78 writes, "Startups: Still White, Still Young, Still Incredibly Pleased with Themselves," on his blog, Readlyons.com.
- Elizabeth Garrett Mettler '01 shares, "His Mood Changed and Our Marriage Imploded. Then He Took a Blood Test," in Elle.
- Charlie Davies '04 is a regular on MLS' show, Extratime.
- Folwell Dunbar '84 writes, "Student Testing for the 21st Century: Finding Alternatives to Forced Choice," for The Lens.
- Bill Ferris '60 produced multi-media folklore about his home state of Mississippi that won two Grammys, found here.