Applying to Brooks
Brooks School is spread out across 270 acres in North Andover, Massachusetts, 35 miles north of Boston. We provide a co-educational, college preparatory program for 340 students. Small classes allow students to work closely with teachers, fostering relationships that are at the core of the school’s mission: to provide the most meaningful educational experience our students will have in their lives.
- Complete the Inquiry Form: Please complete this online Inquiry Form to receive our viewbook.
- Tours and Interviews: We are excited to get to know our applicants better and to help them discover what makes Brooks School unique. We will be offering both in-person and Zoom interviews in an effort to accommodate the needs of prospective families. An in-person visit (allow two hours) will include a tour of campus, a conversation with a representative from the admission office, followed by a chat with parents/guardians. A Zoom visit will be scheduled for one hour: The first 30 minutes will be for the prospective student to talk with an admission representative and the second 30 minutes will be for the parents/guardian. Please take our Virtual Tour and peruse our Look Inside page to learn more about our campus and community.
- Apply Online: We welcome online applications from Gateway to Prep Schools or SSAT's Standard Application (SAO). Applications are due by January 15, 2024.
- Testing: Brooks will be test optional for students applying for admission for the 2024-2025 academic year. All applicants can decide whether or not to submit standardized test results. Students will not be penalized for opting out of testing, nor will those who do submit scores gain an advantage. Admission decisions are based on a variety of factors, including recommendations from current teachers, transcript, extracurricular interests and achievements, and the interview.
Please note: Because we want all our students to be highly successful, all applicants for whom English is not their first language must be able to read, speak, and understand English at an advanced level of proficiency. Therefore, we require, as part of a completed application to Brooks, that all international applicants take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) — our school code for the TOEFL is 4442 — IELTS or Duolingo. Brooks School does not offer English as a Second Language.
In addition, students who reside in and attend school in mainland China must register and interview with our partner in China, Vericant. The deadline to complete a Vericant interview is December 1, 2023. Before a student from mainland China can schedule an interview or submit an application to Brooks, our Admission Office must first review the Vericant interview and writing sample. Once we have reviewed the Vericant interview, we will contact the student and their family to let them know if they can or they cannot move forward in the application process at Brooks.
Some Tips For You!
We get it, the process of applying to private school can be intimidating at times — but it doesn't have to be . . . Click through for: A timeline breakdown of what to do, and when, tips to make interviewing easy and financial aid news you can use.
Please call the admission office at (978) 725-6271 or (978) 725-6272 to set up an in-person tour and interview, or a Zoom interview, with a member of the admission office.
Appointment times are available:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
8 a.m., 10:55 a.m., 1:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, Saturday
9 a.m., 9:45 a.m.
Brooks School's admission office will be closed:
- October 21, 2023
- October 23, 2023
- November 3 - 4, 2023
- November 18 - 27, 2023
- December 15, 2023 - January 4, 2024
- January 20 - 24, 2024
Gateway to Prep Schools Application:
Candidate Personal Statement
English Teacher Recommendation
Math Teacher Recommendation
Personal Recommendation (optional)
SSAT's Standard Application Online:
Student Biographical Information
Academic Record and Transcript