Living in a highly technological society requires that all students have some background in the sciences. Thus the major objectives of the Science Department are:
- To create an interest in and help students understand a body of useful scientific knowledge of the organic and inorganic worlds.
- To train the students in the scientific approach, critical thought, and the use of inductive and deductive reasoning to solve problems.
- To give the student sufficient background in a specific science to continue study at a higher level.
- To help the student prepare for SAT subject tests and Advanced Placement examinations in science.
- To develop skills in scientific writing.