|Brooks School provides a co-educational, college preparatory program for roughly 380 students on a 251-acre campus overlooking Lake Cochichewick. |
Small classes allow students to work closely with teachers, fostering a relationship that is at the core of the warm, close-knit community. With a challenging academic curriculum that includes 17 advanced placement courses, Brooks also offers opportunities to study abroad in Africa, Europe and South America. A unique summer science program places fifth-formers in labs at Massachusetts General Hospital and Tufts Medical Center, as well as in the wilds of Tanzania and on the coast of Canada in Labrador. On the stage and in the gallery, visual and performing arts are an integral part of school life, while on the athletic fields, numerous teams have won New England or league championships in recent years.
The average faculty tenure of approximately 10 years reflects an atmosphere and culture that recognizes the importance of exceptional teachers. Brooks is a great place to work.
|Nondiscrimination Policy |
Brooks School does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, disability or religion in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, employment policies, financial aid and loan programs, athletic programs and other school administered programs and activities.
|Accounts Payable |
Position Title: Accounts Payable
Employment Category: Part time
Schedule (hours and weeks): 10 to 15 hrs. per week
Benefits Eligible: No
Date: September 3, 2014
This position will be the secondary point of contact for all Accounts Payable transactions and questions generated internally or externally. Additional requirements will be performed for month end reporting such as journal entries and balancing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- Review stamped mail received, purchase order requests, check requests, approved invoices and new invoices;
- Review for appropriate supporting documents
- Review for applicable approvals
- Follow up with departments heads on invoices with questions
- Process payment of invoices and generate checks bi-weekly
- Other duties as assigned
Various tasks as requested by manager
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years previous general office experience in Accounts Payable
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively with all school personnel
- Experience in working with general ledger entries, including accounts payable.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – Must be able to sit for long periods of time and lift a minimum of 5lbs
Please send a cover letter and resume to HR@brooksschool.org
|Human Resources Manager — Part Time|
Reporting to the chief financial officer, the human resources manager will provide oversight and day-to-day management of the human resources work of the school, including on-boarding and off-boarding employees, adjudicating policies and procedures, supervising the payroll, administering benefits, designing and providing training, and working to resolve personnel matters. This is a 24-hour-a-week position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
- Administer all human resources policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize, and with supervision from the chief financial officer, manage all human resources activities of the department; participate in developing business office goals, objectives, and systems; maintain personnel records and ADP information as assigned, generating reports as needed.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with supervisors to define positions, write job descriptions, advertise and recruit, review resumes, schedule interviews and check references for staff positions; assist dean of faculty with faculty hiring as appropriate.
- Implement personnel policies and procedures; update and maintain Employee Handbook.
- Implement compensation program; rewrite job descriptions as necessary; introduce and monitor performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Perform benefits administration to include coordinating relationships with vendors, annual re-evaluation of policies, compliance with all new laws and regulations, required legal and employee benefits reporting, employee education and enrollment, claims resolution, and verifying the accuracy of invoices for payment.
- Work to resolve personnel matters and employee relations issues.
- Conduct exit interviews and manage benefits documents for terminating employees.
- Maintain employee files before, during and after employment, segregating all HIPAA-related documents.
- Verify the accuracy of all payroll changes biweekly before submission of payroll information for processing by third party.
- File EEO-1 annually; complete surveys as needed.
- Conduct new employee training, benefits education programs, mandated state trainings and other training as necessary.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to introduce best practices and effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- A bachelor's degree
- 5 years of human resources experience with evidence of increasing responsibility.
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
- Expertise in ADP preferred.
- Excellent computer skills; expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint; database management.
- The ability to cultivate and build superior relationships with all employees and applicants
- An open and collaborative style.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative ability, a positive outlook, and a sense of humor.
- A high level of integrity and an extraordinary work ethic.
- Successful completion of criminal records background checks.
- The ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
- The ability to travel around the campus as needed.