: Full time
Reports to: Director of Summer Programs
Schedule (hours and weeks): 40 hours per week from December through September, 20 hours per week October through November
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Prepared by: Roberta Crump-Burbank
Date: March 3, 2015
Provide program and administrative support to the Summer Programs office. Specifically, facilitate the work of the Director, individual program directors and leadership team members. Duties include data entry of registration information, accounting for all payments and creating reports, general clerical, receptionist and project-based work. Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND KEY OBJECTIVES
• Enter all registrations and registration changes into the database
• Input personnel data into the database
• Send electronic produced confirmations to parents or guardians
• Produce billing statements from the database
• Document all payments in the database and account for all payments
• Follow-up with past due accounts
• Prepare deposits for the Business Office
• Create reports as necessary including year-end attendance reports for the auditors
• Collaborate with Summer Programs staff to continuously improve registration processes
• Answer telephones and transfer to appropriate staff member when appropriate.
• Meet and greet clients and visitors.
• Create and modify documents using Microsoft Office.
• Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: duplicating, faxing, mailing, and filing.
• Enter and retrieve information from database system.
• Maintain hard copy and electronic filing system.
• Responsible for all out-going mail.
• Support staff in assigned project based work.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Answer all initial inquiries to the programs and follow through with mailings, phone calls, and email communications.
• Maintain the inquiry section of the database
• Have an understanding of all programs and procedures related to registration and billing.
• Communicate with parents regarding incomplete application materials.
• Follow up on written communications with parents on all changes in registration, including extended day walk-ins.
• Complete end of season accurate attendance reports.
• Communicate with parents regarding outstanding balances.
• Set up and maintain the petty cash box.
• Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org email account by either answering or forwarding the email to the appropriate account.
• Support the administrative needs of the Summer Programs office.
• Participate in special events as needed.
• Be an active member of the Summer Programs Leadership Team.
• Maintain a positive attitude and supportive work ethic at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS (Desired Qualifications)
• Associates Degree or High School degree with two years equivalent experience
• Experience in office procedures, i.e. filing, answering telephones, duplicating, meeting public.
• Prior experience working in a registrar capacity preferred
• Expertise in Microsoft Office suite.
• Experience working with relational databases, FileMaker Pro preferred.
3. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer skills: Macintosh Microsoft Office and File Maker Pro
• Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task while working in a highly organized fashion
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in addition to being a positive, productive member of a team.
• Discretion and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters appropriately.
• Professionalism, enthusiasm, sense of humor, flexibility and patience.
• Successful completion of a criminal records background check.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director of Summer Programs
• Ability to perform well in a very fast paced environment.
• Ability to physically travel throughout the program camp.
• Ability to be flexible in coordinating program with other on-campus activities.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with parents, staff, participants and other summer program administrators.
Please direct all resumes to email@example.com.